Bluemont Community Center (1921): The building that is now the Bluemont Community Center housed the Bluemont School (1921-1962). It was built through the help of a donation of land and $5,000 from Dr. Rufus Humphrey to the Loudoun County School Board. It became the third school in our Village. Dr. Humphrey did not live long enough to see the new building that was built to his specifications. His picture hung in the public auditorium where it looked own on the school lunches Christmas plays and square dances for 40 years. In 1962, it was decided to consolidate Bluemont and Round Hill School leaving the building empty.
A scene at a “New England” high school was filmed here for a West Wing TV episode.